1. According to the difference of the motive power of the winch, there are mainly the following six types:
Electric winch is the most common winch. Relying on the vehicle's own power system to drive the winch, the advantage: it can be basically used in the case of dead fire of the vehicle, which is unmatched by other winches, especially for water-rich areas, easy to install and multi-position installation and rapid Shift. Disadvantages: Can not maintain long-term use (vehicle's own power system limitations, self-heating, etc.), most electric winches can provide less driving force, can only exert force in one direction (installed in front of the car can only Front pull, installed in the rear can only be pulled back).
PTO winch, using the transfer case output power as the power source (POWER TAKE OFF), advantages: can continue to provide a large pulling force, long single use time (no heat problem), can provide multi-directional pull (front, rear, Even around) is the best choice for military vehicles or serious high performance off-road. Disadvantages: Engine power must be used, that is, it cannot be used when the engine cannot work due to water ingress, etc.; the transfer case cannot be used when it loses the driving force in the winch direction.
The hydraulic winch uses the vehicle's power and power steering system as its power source, and uses the power steering pump to provide the source power. Advantages: Easy to install, because the external fixed part is basically universalized, even in the field can be interchanged, the driving force is between the electric and PTO winch, the opportunity of high temperature is extremely rare. Disadvantages: Like the PTO winch, the engine driving force must be used, that is, the engine must be kept rotating, and once the power steering system fails, it cannot be used (in some off-road situations, the power steering system is vulnerable to external damage).
The wheel winch is a relatively new winch system that provides the driving force from the wheel axle. The principle is to use 4 of the 6 fixing screws of most off-road wheels to secure the winch. Advantages: Extremely easy to install/disassemble (and a step to change tires), extremely light weight (lighter than any other winch, no fatal extra weight from front overhang), inexpensive, available in both front and rear directions pull. Disadvantages: Because the power point is the axle, the position is too low, which is unusable under some conditions, and engine power must also be used.
Manual winch, a winch with a vertical or circular motion as the driving force. Due to the limitation of manpower, the manual winch usually has little pulling force.
Pneumatic winch, the same design and working principle as hydraulic winch, except that the power is changed from compressed liquid to compressed gas.
According to their different uses can be divided into: ATV winch, off-road winch, truck winch, industrial winch, etc.; according to the characteristics of certain industries, there are also classification of waterproof winch, explosion-proof winch.
Related Industry Knowledge
- Electric Hoist Precautions
- Common faults and solutions for hoists
- What are the specific differences between elect...
- Manual Hoist
- Product features and working principle of manua...
- Manual hoist maintenance method and operation m...
- The working principle of needle beam steel mode...
- Beam trolley walking principle
- Winch principle and characteristics
- Cranes development trend ---New Type and Practical
- Future Development of Electric Hoist
- European style electric hoist and crane advantages
- European Wire Rope Hoist Operation and Maintena...
- How to distinguish the quality of bridge cranes?
- Single Girder Overhead Crane Steel Structure Fe...
- How to Use Permanent Magnetic Lifter ?
- Why the electric chain hoist motor not working ...
- Hand chain pulley geared trolley & push trolley...
- How to use the horizontal lifting clamp?